Dr Hugh Blackley FRACS is certified in orthopaedic surgery, arthritis and joint reconstructive surgery. His practice includes adult reconstructive surgery, total joint replacement , hip replacement, and revision hip joint replacement surgery.
Hip Joint Replacement Surgery is usually considered once other therapies, such as pain medications, have failed. Most people undergo hip replacement as a result of osteoarthritis of the hip joint.
You might want to ask your doctor about the possibility of hip replacement if you frequently experience any of the following:
- Pain that keeps you awake at night
- Little or no relief from pain medications
- Difficulty walking up or down stairs
- Trouble standing from a seated position
- Having to quit activities you enjoy, such as walking, because you're in too much pain